Monday, August 1, 2011

Awesome Website...Little things that make me happy..

Friends,

I think I have found a new favorite website. I may have a lot of these, hence why I spend way too much time on the computer, like Facebook, Goodreads (don't even get me started, I am pretty sure Goodreads will be the topic of a future blog cause it might just be one of the best things out there), StumbleUpon, Twitter...all of these websites are absolutely fantastic, but this new one might just be better.

The website I am writing about must have been around for quite a while so pardon me if you have already discovered it, but I need to write about this fantastic discovery. The website is called "Little Things" the description is "A list of all the simple things we should appreciate." Seems simple right? I began skimming through the website and couldn't stop smiling, reading some of these simple every day things just brought a smile to my face. (I am writing this in bed, lights out, and thought I was ready for bed but decided I needed to write about this.) Here are a few of my favorites from today, trust me...I will probably read all of them but since we are on 435 little things it might take awhile.

There are a few things that stick out about this website, not only are they just things that make me (and probably you) happy, but it is colorful, simple, yet totally meaningful. It is the perfect combination, whomever created this blog, created a masterpiece. As I wrote that sentence I realized it might be my fatigue talking, I might not enjoy this website nearly as much when I am not half asleep, but I am pretty sure I will still love it. Also, another reason this is making me so happy, I was in a pretty foul mood throughout most of today, (caused mainly by my lovely brother) so anything to make my day better was greatly needed.



400. I think immature moments with my friends is the number one thing I miss about college, these moments will be the nights I remember for the rest of my life, and will always wish I could get back. Whether it be forking Delta Chi's lawn, watching drunk people from the Chi Omega porch, or running through campus in the middle of the night to escape raccoons, I will always remember these nights. My littles & Jenn will also remember these nights, Chi Omega, I miss you, Friends, I miss you more! Thank you for these wonderful immature nights where we catch sponges on fire or stay up late Chat Rouletting, those are the nights I will never forget! 





404. I believe this is something that will make anyone feel great, but this might also be something that isn't as simple as it sounds. Something I accomplished that people thought I couldn't was getting my first job, as lucky as I got, people thought it would be a struggle, but I decided I wanted a job, applied and had a job three days later. (too bad this isn't the story of my life right now.) I might add an addendum to this blog later, because I am sure there are other moments that I accomplished something someone told me I couldn't, but I might be too tired to think of one. 


407. This is something that without fail will always make my day, and it is something that my father and I also like to point out every time it happens with the phrase, "Good thing we got here when we did." Haha. 


419. I love movies. In Chi Omega people all knew about my epic movie collection, and watching a great movie is amazing. There is nothing worse than walking out of a movie theatre upset that you wasted $10.00 and 2 hours of your time. Last night I went and saw "Crazy, Stupid, Love" with Ashley and it might possibly be my favorite movie of the summer besides Harry Potter (of course). It was a perfect mixture of comedy and romance. I loved it. Plus, looking at Ryan Gosling for two hours is a good night in itself. 



424. No explanation needed. :)



425, I would say re-reading a book is the perfect form of pure enjoyment. You know what to expect but you are still putting in the time and effort to experience it again...books are amazing. 


427.....getting sleepy...amazing.


431.


I <3 my pup. 



Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment